There are a few things (Ok many) in this world that I just can’t do, 1. Math and 2. Be a stay at home mom. I’ve talked about this many times before, mostly after I’ve stayed home with a sick Monster all day.
SAHMs in my book like walk on water. I don’t know how they do it all day, every day. It’s pure fucking torture—go ahead, you can admit it here…no one will judge you, torture. No break, no outlet, no getting the fuck away when you’re about to go insane. You woman are like superheroes and at times I envy you’re grace and style.
Sure, just like with anything there are downfalls to working outside of the home while also being a mother, like always being pressed for time, mommy guilt about leaving them, missing out on milestones /after school activities and early morning schedules.
Some of us are simply wired to do different things and while I love being a mom—I also love that I work outside of the home. So with that being said I’ve made of list of the top five reasons that I think being a working mom rocks.
5. The drive to and from work after the baby has been dropped off at day-care. Can you say “me time” it’s quiet and peaceful, two words that hardly describe at day at home.
4. You miss out on all of the torture inflected by the Fresh Beat Band and Little Bill. They make me want to fucking shoot myself.
3. You get to sit down and eat your meal while it’s still hot. Like, how often does that happen at home? Usually I’m so busy chasing the Monsters ass around trying to get him to eat that by the time I come back, my shit is cold.
2. You get to process a complete thought or conversation. Not to be interrupted by mom, mommy, momma, moooooom- repeat.
1. And the number one reason being a working mom rocks, you get to use the restroom in peace. Because, let’s all be honest shitting in peace is something we defiantly all took for granted before having children, Amen?
Regardless of whether we work inside or outside of the home there’s one thing we all have in common, coffee. it gets us through our day, It’s the bond between mother’s. Drink up my lovelies.